Monday, November 22, 2010

Gobble Gobble

So..Thanksgiving is just around the corner; this Thursday, believe it or not. It feels like it was just Halloween! Since I have a very odd family, Thanksgiving isn't much of a joyous occasion. My aunt has held Thanksgiving at her apartment every year since she has been married (about 8). But my mother and I have only attended a select few of them. My mom's relationship with my aunt is weird, mostly because they can be really close one moment and very distant the next. I love going over there and eating until my clothes no longer fit and staying up all night and go shopping early in the morning. But I do believe this year, we won't be going. I have mixed feelings about this, but if my mom's not going, neither am I. I has thinking of things we could do on that day, but most of the stores and places to go are closed. Thanksgiving is a family holiday, but we don't really have any family...so that kind of makes me sad. I still want to eat turkey and stuffing and all the fix in's, so I made a offer to my mom to go eat in this fabulous restaurant, on me. Let you know how it goes....hope it's not a lonely Gobble Gobble day. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment